No products in the cart.
Mouse over to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Curry Conch (Jamaican Style)
Out of stock
Curry Conch Recipe
Conch: This mollusk, pronounced “conk”, is encased in a beautiful, brightly colored spiral shell. Conch is the second best-known edible sea snail and is widely found throughout the Caribbean. Its meat has a mild, sweet clam-like flavor. When preparing conch soup, stew, salad or, best of all, spicy conch fritters, the tough conch flesh is beaten into tender submission before cooking. Conch is sometimes erroneously referred to as whelk, which, though related, is a different species.
Serves 2 – 4
*Cleaned Conch meat can be purchased at your local grocer or online.
3 lb Conch Meat tenderized and cut into strips
- 1 Tablespoon of Butter
- 2 Tablespoons of Curry powder
- 2 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- Small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Double cream or half and a half (optional if you want a more creamy texture)
- Salt/pepper (to taste)
- Pounded conch, cut julienne style
- 1 small Onion finely chopped or sliced
- 1 Garlic finely chopped
- 1 medium White Potato cubed (optional)
- 1 medium-sized Carrot cut up (optional)
- 1/2 Red/green peppers, cut julienne style (optional)
Heat butter and curry powder in a pan for 2 min. (Medium-High heat)
Then add Conch meat and simmer for 5-8 mins. Add other ingredients until well combined.
Add pre-cooked boiled potatoes and carrots. (Drained)
Serve with White Rice or Rice & Beans and sides.
The open season for conch and whelks officially began on November 1 and runs until April 30. Conch may not be taken from any of the marine protected areas around the three islands, including the recently introduced Wildlife Interaction Zones