No products in the cart.
Mouse over to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Spicy Fried Chicken (Cayman Islands)
Out of stock
Spicy Fried Chicken Recipe (Cayman Style)
Prep Time 2 hrs 20 mins
Cook Time 15 mins
- 6 – 8 pieces of Chicken legs and quarter or thighs/ breasts your choice.
- 1/4 cup White Vinegar
- 5 cups of water
- 2 stalks scallion, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 2 tablespoons All-Purpose Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Chicken Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon scotch bonnet sauce
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pimento
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Cooking Oil
- Clean chicken and then wash in a mixture of vinegar and 4 cups of water.
- Blend the next seven ingredients with the remaining 1 cup of water. Pour the marinade over the chicken, rub in, and leave the chicken to marinate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Combine flour, baking powder, pepper, Pimento, Ginger, and Garlic Seasoning and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Drain chicken pieces from the seasoned liquid and coat in the flour mixture.
- Heat Cooking Oil in a large saucepan or deep fryer, gently place chicken pieces into well-heated oil and allow to fry for 10-13 mins (breast and wing) 13-15 (leg and thigh) until golden brown; drain in a deep fryer or on absorbent paper towel.
2 pieces of chicken and 3 sides – Mash or Potato Salad, Rice and Peas, Corn on the Cob, Coleslaw, Baked beans, Lettuce and Tomato or Ripe Plantain